Tab switch support

Apr 24, 2008 at 8:45 AM
I'm used to Mouse Gestures pluging for FireFox and that's why I started to search something alike for Visual Studio.
I suggest to wide gestures available (the "wheeled" ones in priority =)

For example:
<right key>wheel down</right key>- switches current tab to next one.
<right key>wheel up</right key>- switches current tab to prev one.
<right key>left key</right key>- go to one bookmark backward.
<left key>right key</left key> - go to one bookmark forward.

btw, mentioned firefox pluging have nice syntax for gestures. No need to enum all available combination of mouse moves when gesture can be described like:
"D" - for down gesture
"U9L" - for up, then up-right (position of 9 on num keyboard), then left gesture
":02" - hold left key and then press right key (0 for left, 1 for middle and 2 for right mouse buttons) (no gesture here so 0,1,2 are not directions)
"0+" - when left key is pressed wheel up

Coordinator
May 5, 2008 at 10:06 PM
Thank you for your suggestion. The "wheeled" gestures looks interesting and I will have closer look at them.

I am not sure if it is good idea to support gestures like "U9L" - it will give you huge amount of new gestures but on the other hand they will have to be performed more precisely.

The gesture recognition algoritm is quite robust in the current version, so users can perform gestures "messily" and it's something I like and I don't want to sacrifice it.
May 6, 2008 at 5:08 PM
And I'm absolutely sure "U9L" is useless (never used diagonal gestures) =) It's just a demonstration of syntax that can simplify gesture binding.

Jun 6, 2008 at 8:54 PM
what about adding a mouse gesture that goes through all tabs and shows tab previews as a small bonus, like in Opera
hold right mouse button down and when you wheel up (down), switch to next (previous) tab. imo this is easy to iplement, isn't it :)